Saturday, August 2, 2014

Scent of a Woman (1992) - Movie Review

There isn't a lot you can say about a movie that is as legendary as Scent of a Woman. From Al Pacino's famous *whoah!*, to the incredible and short tango dance scene, the blind ferrari stroll; it is no wonder why this movie won so many awards. I remember these scenes, and it has been quite a long time since I have this movie. Granted, I didn't watch it last time it was showing on tv because the pacing of this movie is quite slow despite a lot of things happening in the movie.

This is one of those movies that have left a lasting impact in my life. Ever since I saw the way that the Liutenant Colonel speaks about the beauty of women, I made it one of the missions in my life to understand what makes up that mystical concoction that makes up a beautiful woman -- a road that has made me slip into very dark paths -- but that is not the topic of this review. The concept that I took to heart from this movie is: integrity.

The lesson from this movie is about keeping principles and one's integrity over anything. Whenever, wherever, full throttle no matter what. It is about not buckling down, about keeping one's spirit and not selling. And keeping integrity, as you grow older can prove a lot more difficult than the idea of it. The idea is; how far can you go in life and remain uncorruptible - how beautiful it would be if the leaders you voted for;  you knew that they were clean, that there was no damn secret agenda.

No comments:

Post a Comment