Tuesday, August 26, 2014
Are You Here (2013) - Movie Reviews
This is one of those strange movies that I had difficulty grasping what it really was about, and yet I had to keep watching. It had a charm of its own. And the ending scene; what a way to signal that bigger troubles are about to come. It is like the characters went through rain, and yet they are just about to get poured. Although the movie's tone is light and humorous; I felt a shadow of darkness throughout the whole thing. Maybe it is because I don't think the audience really gets to know who the characters on the screen really are, and in a way I really appreciate that; it makes the audience fill in the blanks. I don't think there is a single line that explains why Owen Wilson's character is the way he is. Nor is his main romantic interest explained very well, it just happens. We do know he is not a bad guy, but he isn't necessarily a good guy either. He is even helping his friend in order to get some sort of compensation. Like with all the characters in the movie, you get to understand why they do the things we do, you even root for them, but you don't really know them, nor will you ever know what is going to happen to them. Watch this movie for a piece that provokes a conversation and imagination, or just watch it for the beautiful women in the movie.
Labels:
Movie Reviews
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment