That is not to say that I was against watching the movie. I knew it had Katherine Heigl in it, and I find her to be very talented and beautiful. I believe this was one of her roles when she was being set as the next great romantic movie star - personally I think her talent goes above that.
I enjoyed the interactions between Mike and Abby. Pretty much every character is great within their roles, but as a smart movie with great insight into gender differences... if you look closely, after digging through all the cheese, it holds a cute message.
The movie says that what men want is a woman: who does not criticize; or that does not want to control the situation because all women are control freaks. Men are simple. They cannot be changed. Well, I do not agree with that. The problem is that it is true that women can be highly neurotic. Being open and honest is one of the priorities for a long-lasting relationship, but it can go to a point where it is just rude.
Near the end, when Mike has to answer why he loves Abby he replies with "the hell if I know." Well, yes, because a romantic relationship takes a level of the inexplicable to be real. But I think there is a reason why they want to get together, and that is because throughout the movie they present to each other as their honest selves, and each accepts the other for who they are, but they never go as far as to going for actual insults - they play on even grounds.
No comments:
Post a Comment