Sunday, May 25, 2014

The Right Kind of Wrong (2013) - Movie Review

This movie infuriated me within the first ten minutes - that is why I decided to write a review on it. Within these introductory scenes we do get a reason as to why she wrote what she wrote; the guy was not fun to be around. Fine, but then she appears on TV and it is the ex-wife and the presenter of the show, and both come together to just pummel it to the audience how much the poor martyr had suffered - what the fuck.

If she was that unhappy the answer is simple: leave him. But no, she stayed with him for who knows how long; writing these mean spirited details about her partner, and then getting famous for it. Does anything else happen to her? Yes, at the end she gets a movie deal.

There is a quote by Paulo Coehlo in his book The Alchemist "When you want something, all the universe conspires in helping you achieve it". I don't necessarily agree with the quote itself, but I get that is the premise as to why the main character "Leo" decides to chase the recently married "Colette". And almost every character around them somewhat help for these two to get together. It is a ridiculous idea, but I could roll with it.

One positive side of this movie is the couple with the guy that has a twitter account for his balls. It is quite bothersome when I watch a movie where the supporting characters are a whole lot more interesting than the central characters. Another movie like this is 'Wedding Daze' (2006) where I felt the perverted parents were just over the top.

My favorite part is where Leo thinks that the woman he has fallen for is awesome because she can punt a football -which is a central point in the plot-, and he is then immediately shot down when his friend's wife can hang glide. It was not just because of the scene transition, but because I felt it was a way for the movie to recognize how ridiculous this whole story is.

Leo's ex-wife was bothersome. The one I could not stand was the love interest Colette. She is the villain of this whole story instead of her rich ex-husband to be. In fact, I feel like the husband was being a gentleman given all the fuckeries that are going on with Leo's approaches and with Colette not really avoiding Leo. I was suprised he didn't just bash Leo's skull; which is what he should have done.

Sure the whole threatening Leo with deporting his friend was low. But come on, he is rich, not a gemius. And how could Colette call Leo brave for ceising with his attempts after the threat, and that is what won her. Of course you bitch! How dare she think she is worth getting a whole family deported!

And the cuntiest move of all is the break-up. She insults the guy for being who he is - a rich cardigan-wearing guy who drives a Hummer, but it doesn't end there. She tells the man she is leaving to his face as she is breaking his heart that she is leaving him for another man. What.the.fuck.

Ok, do you see my point? She married this guy knowing she didn't love him nor his lifestyle. She only felt good with him for the first two months, but then that was it. If she knew this, then for all seven heavens' sakes, why did she fucking accept the proposal! She married him for the financial safety, but then that's not what she wanted. What kind of a selfish cunt are we supposed to be rooting for here!

By the way, driving a Hummer does not make the character an asshole. If anything, it probably shows a lack of common sense... given gas prices and all.

No comments:

Post a Comment